Monday 15 July 2013

An informal letter to a friend by Bernat

Hello Dwayne!

It’s nice to hear about you. You’d like to know a piece of information about an important festival in Catalonia, wouldn’t you? I’d be so glad to.

This festival is called “Carnaval” and takes place in every town in my country. It’s a special and important festival because of its eccentricity. This weird festival is based on dressing original and colorful costumes while having a walk around all over the town. But, don’t think it’s just a simple walk, there’s a huge competition to have the best costume! (the council decides which’s the best one).

Personally, I love this festival. I strongly believe it’s an amazing time to enjoy, laugh at yourself and meet new people. Since I was a three-year-old child I’ve been creating my costumes with my own hands, and it’s shown me the things you like the most are those who are done by yourself.

I’ll be enjoying this fantastic festival, again, in February. Why don’t you take a coat and a cheap plane ticket? :D

Looking forward to receiving your answer and seeing you soon!

Regards,

Bernat 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog! When your teacher has checked it, you'll see it appear on the blog post.