Tuesday 16 July 2013

"My violin and me" by Maria

Here’s a photo of my orchestra one year ago:


I’ve been studying music since I’m 3 years old and I’ve been playing the violin for 11 years.

Right now I play my own concerts, I play in a orchestra as first violin and I have a Quartet group. At home, and when is school time, I normally study between one or two hours in a week, although I should study more, but I can’t with the exams and the other extra school activities. Right now, in summer time, I usually study every day but maximum half an hour, because every years the level and difficulty rise much and more. 
When I was five or six years old, I knew I wanted to play the violin and now I think it’s one of my best decisions I’ve made in my life.

I love play the violin in exams time, because for a few minutes, you stop thinking of all the school work, and you just think if you’re playing the right melody and if the notes are in tone.  For example, the most exciting thing of playing in a orchestra is that after hours and hours of hard work, because in one day of a normal week the rehearsal can perfectly lasts two hours and a half, people in the concert day will applaud you and congratulate you, although they haven’t like it. 

My favourite classical music player is Hilary Hahn and my favourite modern music player is David Garrett, one of the best violin players in the world. 

You can find amazing videos of them on “youtube”.  

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog! When your teacher has checked it, you'll see it appear on the blog post.